Sunday, April 14, 2013

Large Egg Basket


Once again, I experimented with multi-colored flat reed as I wove this large, 16" in diameter egg basket.  I alternated rows of the colored reed with rows of natural cream reed.  I started with the colored reed  in the God's Eye on each side of the basket  and ended with the cream reed .



It is important to keep both sides of the egg  basket even as you form the two humps that make the distinctive shape of an egg basket.  I continually check the eveness of the sides as I add additonal spokes to the basket as I weave.














The multi-colored reed is from a space dyed flat reed coil made up of periwinkle, hunter green and mauve. One color bleeds into the next on the flat reed giving a variegated color appearance when woven

No comments:

Post a Comment