Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Shaker Woven Stool

Using a  basic over/under basket weave  I made a Shaker woven seat for a small foot stool yesterday. This was the first time I had woven a seat with Shaker tape. It was a quick and easy first attempt.




I started by tightly wrapping a wooden stool with blue Shaker tape, sandwiching a layer of dense foam between the top and bottom layer of tape.




A second color tape was then woven following an over/under pattern across the top and bottom of the stool until the entire seat was woven. 



Now that I have mastered the basics of Shaker seat weaving, I'm ready to try a more complex weaving pattern on the seat of my next project.  It was a fun break from weaving reed baskets.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post. Keep it up. Hope to read more post from you guys.

    Swaine
    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete