Monday, March 19, 2018

High Country Basket Weavers Guild Workshop

Participants display their stair step baskets.

I spent Saturday with the High Country Basket Weavers Guild leading a workshop on a stair step basket.  

The basket is unique with two bases - a lower base and an upper base. This design allows the basket to sit on a stair step.  The basket can be a collection point for items that can be later carried up stairs in one trip.

I provided a variety of colored reed for a decorative band around the basket.  Everyone selected different ways  to accent their basket.

It was a fun day of basket weaving and everyone went home with a stair step basket.

1 comment:

  1. Hello - I'm inquiring about basketry classes for 2020. Could you provide info or direct me to a person or website where I can find the schedule? Thank you. Christine

    ReplyDelete