Sunday, December 23, 2018

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year


2018 has been a busy and fun year of basketry.  I've taught basket classes and  participated in basket workshops and basket conventions.  My baskets have been on display in area galleries and artist co-ops.  This December I participated in the Carroll County Artists Studio Tour as well a having my baskets at the Gallery of Gifts and a woven wreath in the Festival of Wreaths - events held at the Carroll Arts Center.


Throughout the year I have met many wonderful basket weavers and patrons of the craft.  I also have made a lot of baskets!  Now my CMC joint is saying it is time to take a break and rest my hands .


My last basket of the year is this oval, wooden base basket.  It features deer antlers as the side handles.  I used leather to bind the rim and attach the antlers. 




I'm already looking forward to my next basket workshop on the first Saturday of January.  So much for resting my hands.!

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2019 to you and your family. 







No comments:

Post a Comment