Saturday, April 14, 2012

What Those Who Teach Can Do

The Art Institutes system of schools is honoring art educators around the country with a month long exhibition of their personal artwork.   I was invited to participate in the gallery show hosted by The Art Institute of Washington.  As a public school art educator I strive to encourage my students creativity and impact student learning by modeling lifelong learning, problem solving, persistence and craftsmanship in my personal artwork.

I teach digital photography and commercial art at school, so I chose to include a digital collage titled Basket Treasures as one of my entries.  It combines my interest in travel photography and basketry by showing a variety of my baskets and a photo I took on one of my vacation trips.   


My second entry is a hanging vessel made from woven reed and a gourd top.  It includes round and flat reed in shades of violet, greens and cream and a walnut slice.  The free-form vessel breaks away from traditional basketry shapes.

The opening reception is this Thursday,  April 19th from
5:00pm until 7:00pm at The Art Institute of Washington Gallery of Art located at 1820 North Fort Myer Drive in Arlington, VA. 
I hope you can make this event and help celebrate the ARTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment