Friday, June 26, 2015

Common Ground on the Hill 2015

Common Ground on the Hill Traditions Week 2015 begins  Sunday, June 28th.  

The next two weeks are full of  daily coursework, evening performances and non-stop activities at McDaniel College.   I am  returning for my eighth summer at Common Ground on the Hill. This year I will be taking art classes week one.  I look forward to posting photos of my artwork at the end of the first week.  

The second week I will be teaching a class on egg baskets.  Class participants will weave a 10" Egg Basket focusing on shaping the ribs to create a pleasing form. 

I am showcasing six of my egg baskets of various sizes and color combinations in the Common Ground Art Instructors Exhibit. The opening reception is this Sunday, June 28th from 4:30 to 5:30 in the Rice Gallery of McDaniel College.

To learn more check out the Common Ground website at: 
www.commongroundonthehill.org    

1 comment:

  1. Historical review: Some topics are better understood if a brief historical review of the topic is presented to lead into the discussion of the moment. Such topics might include "a biographical sketch of a war hero," "an upcoming execution of a convicted criminal," or "drugs and the younger generation." Obviously there are many, many more topics that could be introduced by reviewing the history of the topic before the writer gets down to the nitty-gritty of his paper. It is important that the historical review be brief so that it does not take over the paper. More help with essays here http://au.essay-writing-place.com/.

    ReplyDelete